As a small business just starting out, you need to build trust with your audience, especially since you lack the credibility that comes with being in business for many years.
One way to do this is to have an email address set up on your smartphone that ends with your company name (for example, your [email protected]). Gmail for Business (G Suite) lets you create a professional email account for $5 per month and ensures you can block contacts and spam to prevent spam.
How to Set Up Gmail for Business in 5 Steps
This is a great option for businesses with multiple employees due to the amount of storage they offer, management capabilities, and 24/7 customer support. So all you have to do is create a Gmail account.
However, if you have less than 5 people, consider combining your email with your web host.
Register or Enter your Domain Name
- If you don’t already have a domain name, choosing one is the first step in creating your personalized email.
- Use the Bluehost name search widget below to find and register a domain.
- You may have to go through a number of names that have already been taken before you find one that is available.
Choose your Email Address Format and Add Users
- You will then be taken to a page where you can add all of your employees who need a professional email address.
- You can set this up now, but you’ll also have the opportunity to add employees once the process is complete.
- By choosing the email address format.
- You should consider using a standard format for all users.
- See examples of different email address formats.
- When it is appropriate to use each type to determine which format is right for your business.
Check your Domain Name
- If you didn’t register your domain name through Google, you’ll need to verify that you own the domain you want to use for your email address.
- To do this, you’ll need to enter the MX records that G Suite provides in its DNS.
Choose your plan
- You’ve already set up your account, but the free trial only lasts 14 days.
- Therefore, if you want to keep access to your account, you will need to choose and pay for your plan.
- Please note that the cost is per user.
- A user is defined as a personalized email address.
- You can set up a group email address, such as [email protected] at no additional cost.
Migrate your Current Emails from your Old Webmail Server (optional)
- Once you’ve set up your account, you may want to migrate your existing emails and contacts to your new account.
- To do this, first go to your admin console and click on Apps.
- Click G Suite > Gmail > Advanced Settings.
- Then tap the box next to the user’s email uploads.
- You can then go to Gmail > Settings to start the import process.
Is it possible to create a free business Gmail account?
Being an excellent resource that can benefit any organization, the benefits of having a business gmail account. Security, support and greater autonomy of files being some of the reasons that have increased its popularity in companies.
Although these benefits make a gmail account for business, an essential element for any organization, its cost can be an inconvenience. And more for those institutions with a reduced number of workers, having to resort to other options.
In order to offer an alternative, you have the possibility of create a gmail account for companies free. What it provides is an element that, despite being limited, is an essential option for any company that wants to expand and interact directly with the client.
The difficulty involved in creating this type of account requires steps such as accessing the settings of your Gmail account and locating the option to create a POP3 email from you. Then you must enter the SMTP server provided by your hosting and determine the name and password of the business email.
Once finished you will have an account that will serve for your business is known thanks to Gmail for Business.