For Microsoft Outlook users, it is important to keep your email protected from third parties, mainly because of the information that can be obtained in it. That is why when you log in to a shared device, you should always close it after you have finished using it, however, this step can sometimes be forgotten. But don’t worry, here in Learn How To Do It we will explain how to sign out of outlook on all devices; a complete guide to keep safe the main medium you use for everything.
Steps to sign out of my email account
We’ll start by explaining the steps you need to take to sign out of your Outlook email account, both on the Windows 10 desktop app and on your mobile device. That way, you can do it quickly and easily when you want log out of either of these two operating systems.
We recommend you log out of Windows 10 if you have logged in in a foreign team or have to lend the computer to someone else.
- press ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’.
- You will then click on ‘Sign off’.
- Before closing the session, Windows will notify you, if necessary, about unsaved changes in the programs you have open. You will have to select if you want to save them or not.
- After selecting, the device will close all programs and sign you out of Outlook. This may take a few minutes depending on the length of the information.
That way, you will prevent other people have access to your Outlook email and so they can start their own session.
From the mobile app
In the event that you need to sign out of Microsoft Outlook on a mobile device, be it yours or someone else’sjust follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Outlook mobile app.
- In the upper left corner, tap on your profile icon to bring up the menu.
- Then you will select the gear icon ‘Setting’ which you will find in the lower left corner of the screen.
- At that moment, the accounts open on the device will appear where you will have to select the one you want to close your session.
- To finish, you will click on ‘Delete account’.
That way you can sign out of Microsoft Outlook from the mobile app on any device easily and quickly. In case you don’t have the app, you can also download, add and configure Outlook email on mobile devices.
How to log out of my email open anywhere?
On the other hand, you may have the need to close your Outlook account on all devices where you signed in and were unable to close it. It is proven that changing account password will not block login on other devicesthat is why to log out of your email open anywhere, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Outlook.com web page.
- At the top right of the screen you will click on the gear symbol to open the settings menu.
- You will select the section ‘General’ to display your options.
- Click on the option ‘Mobile devices’ and remove all that you are logged into.
Likewise, you can also log in to your Outlook account and see all the devices you have added to the account so that you can manage them, and log out of them if necessary.
Why can’t I log out of my Outlook session?
In the event that you cannot log out of your Outlook account, either because the option does not appear or because it indicates an error, just try the following options:
- If you are using a web browser, click on your name located in the upper right part of the screen and then click on ‘Sign Out’.
- Try to see all the devices that you have added to your Outlook account so that you eliminate all the ones that you want to log out of, as we explained in the previous section.
- Similarly, review the list of mobile devices that you have associated with your Outlook account to remove them and log out of them.
- Enter ‘More security options’ and locate the option ‘Remove all trusted devices associated with my account’ so that all computers where the verification code was not requested are logged out.
On the other hand, you can also go to the extreme of permanently deleting your Outlook account on all your devices in case you don’t have important information in it and you can’t log out due to a system error.
I hope that all this information will be of great help to you so that you can log out on any device and thus not suffer from theft or deletion of important data stored in your Outlook email, until next time!