After you create your account, you can enable televisions, home audio or video devices, and PlayStation systems to connect to your account.
There are four ways to sign up for a PSN account; Making an account at one location will allow you to log in through any of the others.
The first is the easiest, which is to use your computer, but you can also create a new PlayStation Network account from a PS4, PS3 or PSP.
PlayStation Allows Creating a Master Account with Connected Sub Accounts.
This is particularly useful if you have children because they can use the subaccounts with restrictions set by you, such as spending limits or parental blocks for certain content.
Remember that when you create your PSN ID online, it can never be changed in the future. It will always be linked to the email address you use to create the PSN account.
Create a PSN Account on a Computer
- Visit the Create a new Sony Entertainment Network account page.
- Enter your personal data.
- Like your email address.
- Date of birth and location information.
- Then choose a password.
- Click the I agree button.
- Create my account. button.
- Please verify your email address using the link provided in the email.
- You will receive from Sony after completing Step 3.
- Return to the Sony Entertainment Network website and click Continue.
- Click the upgrade account picture on the next page.
- Choose the online ID that others will see when you play online games.
- Click Continue.
- Finish updating your PlayStation Network account with your name, security questions, location information.
- Click Finish when you have finished filling in your PSN account details.
Create a PSN Account on a PS4
- With the console turned on and the controller activated (press the PS button).
- Select New User on the screen.
- Choose Create a user, and then accept the user agreement on the next page.
- Click Next in the PlayStation Network area.
- Instead of signing in to PSN.
- Choose the button called New to PSN? Create an account.
- Click the Register Now button.
- yesFollow the on-screen instructions to submit your location information.
- Email address and a password.
- Selecting the Next buttons.
- You will then be prompted to choose an avatar. You can change this at any time in the future.
- On the Create your PSN profile screen.
- Enter the username you want to identify yourself as to other players.
- Also, fill in your name, but remember that it will be public.
Create a PSN Account on a PS3
- Open PlayStation Network from the menu.
- Select Sign up.
- Select Create a new account (New Users).
- Select Continue on the screen that has an overview of what is needed for setup.
Enter your country or region of residence, language, and date of birth.
- Then press Continue.
- Accept the terms of service and user agreement on the next page, and then click Accept.
- You have to do this twice.
- Fill in your email address and choose a new password for your PSN account.
- Continue with the Continue button.
- You should probably check the box to save your password as well.
- Choose an ID that should be used as your PSN Public ID.
- This is what other online users will see when you play with them.
- Click Continue.
- The next page asks for your name and gender.
- Fill in those fields, and then choose Continue once more.
- Fill in more location information so that PlayStation Network has your address and other details on file.
- Select Continue.
- The PS3 asks if you want to receive news.
- You can enable or disable those checkboxes according to your personal preferences.
- Select Continue.
- Scroll through the details summary on the next page to make sure everything is accurate and choose
- Edit next to anything that needs to be changed.
- Use the Confirm button to submit all your information.
- You will receive an email from Sony with a verification link.
- After clicking the link, choose Accept on the PlayStation.
Select the Continue button on PlayStation Store to return to the home screen and sign in.
Create a PSN Account on a PS Vita or PS TV
- On the home screen, tap or select the Settings icon.
- Touch the start button.
- Then tap on PlayStation Network.
- Tap the Sign Up button and follow the instructions.